FEATURES of Icom IC-U88
- Tough body and powerful audio!
- 750mW* loud and intelligible audio with BTL amplifier and large 36mm speaker * Typical value with internal speaker.
- Powerful 4W of output power
- IP54 and MIL-STD-810 rugged construction
- Large capacity Li-Ion battery pack provides 17.5 hours* of operating time.* Typical operation. 5:5:90 duty cycle with auto power save.
- Integrated VOX function.
- 200 memory channels, 1 call channel and 6 scan edges.
- Built-in CTCSS and DTCS encoder/decoder.
- 5 character alphanumeric display.
- Priority, program, memory, skip and tone scanning.
- 16 DTMF autodial memories
- Repeater lockout and busy channel lockout.
- Power save function and auto power off.
- PC programmable (With optional CS-U80).
- Transceiver-to-transceiver cloning (Optional).
- Wide/narrow channel spacing.
|Type of emission|
16K0F3E, 11K0F3E (25/12.5kHz)
|Number of channels|
|Power supply requirement|
|Operating temperature range|
−30°C to +60°C (Radio only)
|Rx Max. audio/Stand-by|
(Internal SP) /77mA
(Projections not included)
52.2×111.8×22.3 mm (with BP-278)
230g (with BP-278)
|Output power (at 7.5V)|
|Max. frequency deviation|
|Ext. microphone connector|
3-conductor 2.5(d)mm (1/10″)/2.2kΩ
0.25μV typ. (at 12dB SINAD)
0.25μV typ. (at threshold)
|Adjacent channel selectivity|
|Audio output power||Internal SP|
1500 mW typ. (8Ω load)
400 mW typ. (8Ω load)
|External speaker connector|
3-conductor 3.5(d)mm (1/8″)/8Ω
Applicable U.S. Military Specifications
Icom makes rugged products that have been tested to and passed the following MIL-STD requirements and strict environmental standards.
|Low Pressure Storage|
|Low Pressure Operation|
|High Temperature Storage|
|High Temperature Operation|
|Low Temperature Storage|
|Low Temperature Operation|
|Shock Transit Drop|
Also meets equivalent MIL-STD-810 -C, -D, -E and -F.
|Ingress Protection Standards|
|Dust & Water|
IP67 (Dust-tight and waterproof protection)
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.